Wednesday, October 19, 2005

My iBook experience

I own a 12" G4 iBook, 1.2 GHz, 512MB DDR SDRAM, which I bought in April of this year. The memory upgrade is essential. My friend had given me a Kingston 256MB RAM upgrade. It sure boosted the performance by heaps.

It just keeps going and going
The best thing I would say about the iBook is the battery power! It just keeps going and going. I have used it on a low power mode for up to 5 hours! And that is just perfect for traveling which I have been doing a lot of this year. Watching DVDs, listening to music, reading, writing, accounting, you name it and all while on the road. In a single journey (that lasts 7 hours) and on a single battery charge! Now that's living the life! Of course I don't use it the whole time, but its more than what I need on a journey that long. The latest experience I had was watching a 2 CSI DVD episodes and it only took up 20% of my battery life.

There's really no point having all that technology when it doesn't last the time you need it. My iBook has been the envy of some of my friends who run PC based notebooks with only 30% of the battery life I have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home